2. Defense! Many players earn their spot on elite teams with lots of flashy, gratuitous bids.
3. Become BENT’s coach.
4. At tryouts, complain aggressively about the smell on Randall’s Island, pro ultimate, or even the weather! Complaining is an essential skill for any elite player.
5. Change your name to Meghan. Studies show that Meghans have a 30% better chance of being given a roster spot.
6. We love it when our brother team, the New York Mets, shows its support for BENT by wearing our gear during *untelevised* warm-ups — let’s return the favor and sport our orange-and-blues!
7. Be sure to tell lots of knock-knock jokes — the captains love knock-knock jokes! But not bad knock-knock jokes. They HATE bad knock-knock jokes.
8. The important thing to understand about person defense is that it’s more of a suggestion than a strict set of rules. Rather than exhaust yourself trying to “hold the force,” just get out on the field and live your truth.
10. Tell one of the captains they promised you a roster spot while they were blackout drunk. They'll most likely be too embarrassed to ask for further proof.
Most importantly, be yourself! We look forward to seeing you at the women's combine on May 2nd/3rd!